Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Every Word He says Is True!

I don't know about you but I could use a good ol'dose of truth and encouragement. I have been reflecting lately on God's faithfulness to mankind alike. You know He is faithful even when we are not faithful to Him. It got me thinking about the promises I make and those that get broken and God's promises to us. I make promises and don't keep them for a variety of reasons. Now, I am not saying I am a promise breaker all the time. I am a people person and I don't like to let anybody down. I like to think those promises get delayed b/c I get busy or distracted but truth of it is sometimes I just flat over commit. This got me thinking about the promises God makes to us. There are thousands of God's promises in the Bible. He never breaks a promise never! Every word God says is true.There are many words in the bible for "truth". One of the most important words for truth is the Hebrew word "Emet". Emet means stability, firmness, or certainty. Our word Amen comes from this word "Emet". When we say Amen we are really saying "It is certain!" God's faithfulness means that everything He says and does is certain because He is the truth. God is 100% reliable 100% of the time. He is the only One who says what He means and means what He says therefore doing everything He says He will do. Numbers 23:19 describes God this way "God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?" We won't find anyone in this world who is what he/she claims to be all the time. We'll have to look outside this world to discover that only God is who He claims to be all the time. To say God is faithful goes straight to the center of who God is. He keeps His promises because if He did not keep them He wouldn't be God. If He said it you can bet your life on it. Every part of God's word is true from the 1st to the last, and because God is faithful He keeps every promise He makes. 1st Thessalonians 5:24 says it this way" The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it." I don't know about you but that makes me smile. It tells me that my King is truly sovereign, and nothing He says is wrong, late, early, or a broken promise. My prayer today is that we all seek His face more and more. We need Him desperately in this day and time. We need to trust Him in all things both large and small. We need to REST in the confidence that He does not break promises. He always delivers and Glory be to God for that very thing. If you enjoyed this message please forward to someone else. I appreciate all of you very much.

Until Next Time!!!
God Bless YOU!!!!!!!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment