Thursday, March 12, 2009

Send the spirit of fear packin!

One of Satan's favorite weapons against us is the spirit of fear. He uses it every chance he gets. He knows the power it contains. You know what I mean right? The fear of the economy, job security, illness, loss of a loved one, violence, divorce, you name it. Satan and his minion want nothing more than for us to live in a paralyzed state. He realizes the more we focus on fear the less we focus on Christ. I have lived this way before and I am sure you have to. I realize we try hard to not let fear in but it creeps in despite. Fear is something we should not afraid of. We are children of the MOST HIGH, and as Christians we should be living a life of victory but instead we live in fear. God did not give us a fearful spirit. In 2 Timothy 1:7 Paul reminds Timothy that God has not given us a spirit of fear but a spirit of power, love, and self discipline. I believe we do more damage to ourselves than we do good. by listening to the lies. We can see, and hear God's promises for us yet we don't live like we are capable. A couple of days ago I wrote about renewing our strength in Christ. I know the more I take time everyday and renew my strength the better I feel and my outlook improves. We live in a fast paced world where it's all about the now. But it's up to us to slow down and take the time to renew our minds. Its not hard and doesn't take very long. There is a way to send this evil packin. I know a power that's way more powerful than fear. This power is sitting right under our noses. Do you know what power I am referring to? This complete power is the power of God's inerrant word. The most powerful weapon we have second only to prayer is the power of the scripture. If you want to defeat fear or whatever is thrown at you, use the WORD or as I like to call it the "TRUTH". Take a few minutes everyday and study the word let it resonate in your mind and settle in your heart. I didn't think I could learn the scripture let alone recall it when I needed it. But over time and with a little effort I have learned to memorize it. I have used it and it definitely works. I have used it to speak out boldly against Satan's lies towards me. I am referring to speaking out in my subconscious mind. This is where the real war is waging. Isaiah 41:10 is a perfect example of God's word that when used at the right time will send the enemy runnin for the hills. The Lord says "Do not fear for I am with you; do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My Righteous right hand". God always will give us the way of escape when we find ourselves in moments of fearfulness. Will you take it? I want to encourage you to take 5 minutes everyday and memorize a piece of scripture. The more you put in to learning the truth, the more God will reveal to you. I heard this so many times and always wondered if it worked. IT DOES!!!!!! You may be able to help a friend in need or a loved one. It's totally worth it. I hope you have been encouraged by this posting. If you have please forward it someone else. I appreciate all of you very much. If you want to learn God's word, ask Him to teach you. Its my pray today that we would all take time to learn the Word and hold firmly onto its power.

Until next time......
God Bless you all!!!!!!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment