Friday, February 20, 2009

Daily Strength

I came across this prayer in my daily reading yesterday and I want to share it.

Dear Lord,

So far today, I am doing all right. I have not gossiped, lost my temper, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self-indulgent. I have not whined, cursed, or eaten any chocolate.

However, I am going to get out of bed in a few minutes, and I will need a lot more help after that. Amen.

If your like me you probably laughed at this little prayer and thought that was funny. But the more I reread this prayer I find myself relating to it more and more. I see my struggles in this prayer and seem to act out at least one if not more than one of these daily. Sometimes I feel like I commit these offenses hourly. The enemy is always hanging around waiting for me to curse or be self-indulgent and then pounce on me. Now, some days are better than others but some days man, I feel like Hell's fury is comin for me. Its like the enemy has no where else to be but hanging out right behind me. And of course the hurt I feel as a result is deeper as I continue to grow in Christ. I am reminded though that I cannot make it through the day without Jesus's strength. I am so thankful that God is in control and is always willing to give me strength when I need it even if its every minute. In 2nd Corinthians 10:5, Paul encourages us to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ Jesus. We can overcome these temptations if we will outfit ourselves with the means to fight back. Let me encourage each person who reads this posting to remember the words of Paul and know you can overcome. I know it because I have experienced it. I know you can too.

Until next time!!!!!!
God Bless you all!!!!!

Alan

1 comment:

  1. Blessings. Welcome to the blogosphere. Thank you for encouraging the body of Christ to walk worthy of the high calling of Jesus Christ. It is a blessing to watch you lead your family as the spiritual leader and to encourage others along the way. May the Lord bless you and keep you as the apple of His eye. In Christ alone-jean stockdale

    ReplyDelete