Monday, February 23, 2009

Weeding your Garden

Spring is just around the corner and it occurred to me today that sometimes our internal garden like the ones outside need some up cleaning out. People including myself don't like to do yard work or work on ourselves. But how else are we supposed to grow ? I was reflecting on some of my past efforts to improve like getting in shape, spending more quality time with the Lord, being a better listener, or insert something here that you have attempted to work on. We all have things that we can improve on. My point is we let fears, doubts, pain, or whatever the barrier creep in and start choking out the growth we are experiencing or are about to experience. So I am making a decision right here before you all at 11:50 pm that I am going to pay more attention to my garden. My God, My family, My friends, and My professional contacts all deserve my best. I thank the good Lord in heaven that each new day is a fresh start. I am realizing the more I turn over to Him the more peace I have. Jesus tells us in Matthew 6:26-27 "Look at the birds. They don't need to plant or harvest or put food in barns because your Heavenly Father feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than they are. Can all of your worries add a single moment to your life? Of course not." I believe we can weed our gardens by asking God to carry our load, trusting that He will (this is half the battle.), resting in our trust of His capabilities, seeking encouragement from Him and those that we trust, and not looking back. Yesterday is gone forever and there is nothing any of us can do about it. Tomorrow is not yet written and we have no guarantees of a tomorrow. But today is now. Today is the day the Lord has made, we should rejoice and be glad in it. We need to make the best of the 24 hours in front of us and learn from yesterday's failures and success's. I believe if we will just remember this our lives will improve. When we started walking as babies we fell down a lot. We had to learn how to walk, well we have to learn how to live. This has made me feel better. I hope this makes you feel better. Each one of you who reads this, forwards this, or tells someone about this is a encouragement to me. I appreciate you all. My pray for today and for you is that we would all trust Him more. That we would let go of things that don't really matter and focus our efforts on the things that do matter HIM...


Until next time.

God Bless You!!!


Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment