Thursday, February 26, 2009

Are you All In?

Are you all in? This seems like quite an interesting question. What does it mean? In Ray Pritchard's book Stealth Attack, he asks the following question? "When you stand at the gate of heaven and God says, "Why should I let you in?" what answer will you give?

"I was a member of Wesley Methodist Church." Not good enough.

"I was an elder at Wayside Chapel." You'll be in big trouble.

"My father built our church." That's good, but it's not the right answer.

"I lived a good life." We're happy for you, but you weren't good enough.

"I gave to feed the orphans in Namibia." That's truly wonderful, but that won't open the doors of heaven.

"I was baptized by Father O'Reilly." I'm sure he was a good man, but that's not enough.

"I read The Purpose-Driven Life five times." That won't get you to heaven.

"I listen to christian radio every day." That's admirable, but it's not the right answer.

There is only way into heaven. Do you know what it is? There is only one answer to that question now and forever. Please don't let yourself get duped into believing anything else but the following statements. Paul tells us in Romans 4:12, "There is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to people by which we must be saved". Romans 10:9 says, "If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved". Did you see it? There is nothing else you can do. We are saved by grace, and we stand by faith. I believe in Jesus to the point that if He can't get me into Heaven I am not going. Are you "all in" on the Son of God who loved you and died for you? Let me encourage all of you to stand by faith, live by faith, and walk by faith. It is my eternal hope that you will run to the cross and grab hold of Jesus and never let go. An old hymn says it this way:"My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus blood and righteousness. I dare not trust the sweetest frame, but wholly lean on Jesus name. On Christ the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand, All other ground is sinking sand." I hope today's post reminds you of what exactly Jesus did for you. It certainly reminds me. Praise the Lord, that He reigns sovereignly for all eternity. If you know someone who could benefit from this message please forward it to them. My prayer for us today is we remember what Jesus has done for us, to share what He did for you to someone else, be bold for Him, and never let go. I appreciate all of you very much and hope everyone has a great day.

Until next time...
God Bless you all!!!!!!!!!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment