Wednesday, March 11, 2009

When the attack comes?

Well, yesterday was a pretty good day. However, last night was a different story. I came under enemy fire. You know what I mean, right? Here's how it rolled out. I went to a men's dinner at my uncle's church and heard a great message. We had great fellowship and awesome food. BUT, on the way home I came under fire. I should have seen it coming but it was to late. Derek Discouragement and "Skinny"Franky Fear were waiting for me like bullies after school. They were going to beat on me like I was the new kid. I fought them off as long as I could. I mounted a counter offensive. We swapped licks for quite awhile. In the midst of the onslaught, I started praying like crazy. Lord, take this away from me. Please deliver me from these circumstances. Please Lord, keep these enemies at bay. Get me out of here I screamed! It all happened so fast. I wrote yesterday about not looking at your circumstances. I wrote about keeping your eyes on Christ despite the circumstances. I was doing the very thing I hoped not to do. I wrote about trusting God and I was letting their "dark talk" over come me. My mind was their playground and it was family day. All I could see was my failure, the hurt I caused my family, and the hurt I caused myself. Everything was wearing me out. My wife knew something was wrong. She asked me what was wrong. I gave her the stock answer Nothing. She was persistent though and kept after me. I eventually cracked. I shared the strain I was feeling and the pressure of this attack. She told me she loved me and gave me some much needed encouragement. Her words and love were like a soothing ointment on a burn. After we finished talking I felt better. I went on to bed and began praying. I was getting quiet before the Lord. Then I remembered what to do. Paul tells us to take our thoughts captive. So, I had to take their lies, and evil talk captive to the obedience of Christ. God would not do me that way. God would not say those things to me. I know God loves me and He has a great, perfect, and complete plan for me. I remembered my favorite verse Jeremiah 29:11. God tells us "For I know the plans I have for you. Plans for your welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." If we look to God, and will renew our strength in Him we can face those Ol' Boys and others like them. Praise the Lord, for His abundant mercy, loving kindness, endless forgiveness and limitless strength. I know attacks will come and go. The question is will you believe what they say? I hope you won't. I hope you will stand firm. I hope you will remember what Paul did. I hope you will align yourself with a prayer partner. If you don't have one then send me a message and I will pray for you. I will stand with you. I hope your are encouraged by this posting. If you know of someone who could benefit from it, please send it to them. I appreciate all of you very much and thank you for your encouragement.

Until Next time....
God Bless You!!!!!

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment